The Pun Group has professionals serving a wide range of industries. We make it our business to understand the challenges that impact the industries we serve, as welll as our clients’ unique business needs.
State & Local GovernmentsMunicipalities, especially cities located in California, are facing fiscal challenges. Reduced budgets mean that state, local, and special-purpose governments need to find innovative ways to reduce costs while maintaining the service levels constituents expect, gaining operational efficiency, and reducing risk.
With over a hundred years of combined experience in the governmental industry, we have been a trusted business partner to our clients and have earned our reputation as one of the most respected and socially responsible accounting firms. Our professionals deliver high-value accounting and consulting services and are committed to the industry. The breadth and depth of our expertise enables us to provide our clients with business solutions focused on their continued success at fees that represent our outstanding value.
Our Governmental Group has developed deep technical and industry expertise through years of serving governmental clients. In addition to performing the annual financial audits for various governmental entities, we have performed special studies in financial management, accounting, cost-accounting-systems analysis, internal-audit services, and internal-control documentation and testing. Through our participation in industry associations and activities, we continually learn about significant industry developments and the associated impacts on management and operations.
Our services include:
- Audits of the governmental entities including counties, cities, towns, villages, and special districts
- Audits of the governmental pension plans
- Uniform Guidance
- Internal audit services
- Performance audits – Proposition 39
Management Advisory Services
- Utility rate studies
- Operational reviews
- Forensic services
- AB 506 consultation
- Financial condition analysis
- Outsourced accounting services
- Organizational structure review
- Cash flow analysis
- Restricted resources determination, classification, and documentation
- Litigation support
- Assistance with the preparation and review of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Assistance with the preparation of the California State Controller’s Financial Transaction Reports
- Implementation of GASB pronouncements