Jack Georger is the partner of the Assurance Services group of The Pun Group. By leveraging more than thirty-seven years of public accounting and auditing experience in the governmental, agribusiness, financial services, manufacturing, and non-profit sectors, Jack brings in-depth knowledge and practical expertise to each client engagement. Jack coordinates plans and manages financial-audit activities, consulting activities, federal- and state-compliance-audit activities, performance audits and numerous quality-control and internal-control reviews for a broad mix of governmental agencies and programs throughout the United States.
Jack is a continuing-professional-education-course instructor for the AICPA. Annually, he instructs over 300 hours on accounting and auditing subjects. He has coauthored training material in governmental accounting and auditing for the AICPA and is the technical reviewer of the CCH Knowledge-Based Audits™ of State and Local Governments with Single Audits.
Jack is licensed to practice as Certified Public Accountant in the states of California, New York, Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, Georgia, South Carolina, Connecticut (inactive), Missouri, and Wyoming (inactive), and he is a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Bachelor of Science from George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
• Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member, CalCPA Government Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Member, New York Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Chairman, NYSSCPA Government Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Member, NYSSCPA Auditing Standards Committee
- Member, NYSSCPA Financial Accounting Standards Committee
- Member, NYSSCPA Not-for-Profit Committee
- Member, Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Member, South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (SCACPA)
- Member, Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)—CAFR Reviewer
Connect with Kenneth