Maria Orellana is a Partner in the Assurance Group. Ms. Orellana has over 15 years of public accounting experience in providing accounting, auditing, and business management services to middle market companies.
Prior to joining The Pun Group, LLP, Ms. Orellana started her career at a “Big Four” and progressed to serve as a partner and financial advisor for various clients in a broad spectrum of industries at national and local CPA firms. Clients served typically represented the most complex clients of the firms, which ranged in size from $15 million to over 1 billion in various countries. SEC clients included accelerated, non-accelerated filers, and small reporting SEC filers. In addition, Ms. Orellana also managed not-for-profit and government entities engagements.
In addition to her public accounting experience, Ms. Orellana also served as a Chief Financial Officer for multiple private corporations and has been responsible for overseeing various accounting and finance functions, which include establishing and implementing controls in production and accounting, preparation of financial reports and budgets, performing financial analyses, projections and inventory controls.
Ms. Orellana possesses strong technical accounting knowledge and is able to communicate clearly to clients. Her big picture perspective enables her to quickly distill what’s relevant and important from matters less of issue. Ms. Orellana is a driven, capable and personable accounting professional.
BS Degree in Accounting from the University of Southern California, Cum Laude
• Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Candidate, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Audit Committee Member, A Registered SEC Publicly Trade Company
- Facilitator of numerous local Latin Business Association technical training sessions
Connect with Kenneth